Agriculture and Nutrition Field Officer – 2 positions
PACHI with support from the Canadian government through CARE Malawi is urgently looking for qualified individuals to fill 2 vacant positions tenable in Ntchisi district under the Southern Africa Nutrition Project.
The candidate should be able to:
- Facilitate community mobilisation meetings for the project
- Select and organize households into clusters supported by Care Groups
- Educate Care Groups on nutrition education curriculum in targeted households
- Organize cooking demonstrations at open days and other events
- Support Care Groups to hold mass sensitization events
- Conduct meetings with Village Agents and Lead Farmers to create gender-inclusive Farmers Clubs
- Provide logistical support and technical assistance to Lead Farmers to train Farmer Clubs
- Hold quarterly review meetings with Lead Farmers
- Conduct regular planning meetings with AEDOs to coordinate extension support to demo plots and HH
- Train Farmer Clubs on post-harvest loss management technologies
- Recruit Village Agents in areas with insufficient VSLA coverage
- Support Lead Farmers to mobilize VSLAs to create Farmer Clubs
Experience in similar projects and ability to ride a motorcycle will be an added advantage.
Application including CV and copies of certificates not later than Wednesday the 13th of December 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.